His life is energetic and everything revolves around movement: Laris Gec crafts choreography for Musicals and Shows. For Schmidt’s Tivoli in Hamburg he has choreographed Hits like “Swinging St.Pauli”, “Heisse Ecke – The St. Pauli Musical” and “Karamba”. The passionate creator loves variety, and as “Regiograph” (Director / Choreographer) is often in charge of the entire production. Between creating exceptional Shows for theater and ship stages, Laris is also active in television, events and fashion agencies.
From 2001 Laris has been responsible for numerous shows on the stages of the AIDA fleet, and as chief choreographer in the creative-team from AIDA Cruises he is a perfectionist. Firstly he obtains the best from each individual performer and then blends them to a unified ensemble. The sensitive professional with the playful smile burns passionately for his work and cannot remain still – especially when music is in the air. Then through him acoustic vibration becomes physical motion.
The choreographic impulse always lies hidden within the music
…as a dancer:
- Worked several years for Stella Events
- Pyro Space Ballet (Berlin)
- “Freak Out!” (Hamburg)
…as choreographer for:
- “Ladies Night” (Imperial Theater, Hamburg)
- “Zauber der Südsee” (Delphi Showpalast, Hamburg)
- “Land of Confusion” (Kaiserhof Theater, Cologne)
- “West Side Story” (Oldenburg State Theater)
- International Exhibitions including the opening show for the “Baselworld” Jewellery Show
- Varied Television Productions including “Top of the Pops” and “ZDF Arena” (Berlin WM 2006, Sony Center)
- Numerous Event Agencies including Emotional Entertainment Music Production (STILL, WerbeWeischer GmbH) ViON GmbH,
Black & White (MARCCAIN, AppelrathCüpper), Henri Nannen Preis 2012 and Sundance GmbH